06 Sep Fundraise Your Way
We all know that fundraising is a necessary part of any nonprofit organization’s success and StudentsCare is no exception. That’s just a fact of life. But don’t despair! Fundraising can be fun and does not need to be “one size fits all”. You are an individual and need to fundraise in ways that are unique to you. And with our help, it’ll be a breeze.
Try a DIY Fundraiser
Why not host your own DIY fundraiser and support StudentsCare? Hosting a successful DIY Fundraiser doesn’t have to be difficult. There are tons of different ways you can organize and host your own charity event, from making flyers with friends or family members all the way up through planning an entire fundraising campaign. The sky’s the limit when it comes to activities that make great DIY Fundraisers. Here are some brainstorming ideas to get you started!
Host a 5K: Host a fun run or bike ride in your hometown. Charge a registration fee and donate the proceeds. Not ready to plan a whole event? Participate in any in-person or virtual race or cycling event or choose your own challenge and raise funds for StudentsCare.
Get Creative: Talk to your school or HR department to set a day to dress down (or creatively) for a donation.
Get Nostalgic: Host a lemonade stand or bake sale in your neighborhood or at a sports game, the tried and true ways to raise money for a good cause.
Go Big: In the mood to do something big? Some people have a knack for throwing amazing events. Galas, silent auctions and benefit concerts are great ways to fundraise, plus you get to dress up!
Feed Your inner Foodie: Whether it is a Chili Cook-off or a wine and cheese. People love to gather around good food. This makes them a great idea for a perfect fundraising event.
Create a Campaign
Honor a Loved One: A tribute page is a special place where you can honor a loved one, share their story with family and friends, and provide an opportunity for others to make online donations in your loved one’s honor.
Birthday celebration: Have your cake and help kids too. Fundraise in honor of your birthday on social media or other fundraising platforms like Facebook or GoFundMe.
Be Unique: Obsessed with sharks or love “Talk Like a Pirate Day”? Customize a campaign around an event or holiday that is special to you.
As mentioned above, there are many fundraising platforms available. They are simple to set up and follow these same basic steps:
- Create a page
- Personalize the page with a story or memories of your loved one
- Add a photo to make it extra special
- Spread the word and invite friends to donate
Shop For a Cause
Make your shopping do double duty. You can help support StudentsCare by shopping at AmazonSmile through our dedicated link. Here are a few easy steps for anyone who wants to know how to sign up for AmazonSmile on your laptop:
- Go to smile.amazon.com
- Sign in with the same account you use for Amazon.com
- Select StudentsCare as your charity
- Start shopping! Remember to checkout at smile.amazon.com to generate donations for your chosen charity.
- AmazonSmile will remember your selection, so every eligible purchase you make at smile.amazon.com will result in a donation.
Tip: Add a bookmark to make it easier to shop at smile.amazon.com.
To use AmazonSmile using the Amazon app on your mobile phone:
- Open the Amazon Shopping app
- Navigate to the main menu (≡)
- Tap on Settings and then select “AmazonSmile”
- Select StudentsCare and then follow the on-screen instructions to turn ON AmazonSmile in the mobile app
- Once AmazonSmile has been activated in your app, future eligible app purchases will generate a donation for the charity you have selected.
Another meaningful way for you to give is to shop and donate items directly to StudentsCare. Simply explore our Charity List on AmazonSmile, add items to your cart, and check out – yes, it really is that easy.
When using your phone, make sure you have AmazonSmile set up in your Amazon Shopping app, you will see Charity Lists in the main menu (≡), search for StudentsCare in Browse Charity Lists then start shopping.
Become a Partner in Care
Get your employees or group excited about a cause that really matters. Combine their skills and talents to achieve something positive for others. Become a Partner in Care and make a difference:
- Adopt a StudentsCare Buddy Program in your community
- Involve your employees/group in a meaningful volunteer activity, collecting items and assembling Comfort Kits with love and care for our patients and families.
- Organize a fundraising event in your community, benefitting our patients and families
- Help raise awareness and spread our mission to reduce loneliness for hospitalized children and seniors
- Run a mutually beneficial cause marketing campaign
No matter how you decide to fundraise- be it a 24-hour dance-off challenge, having a bake sale, or running in your local 5K- you can turn your activities into fundraising campaigns to help StudentsCare bring fun, friendship and support to hospitalized children, isolated seniors, and their families. And you don’t have to do it alone, help is just a click away. StudentsCare will give you the tools you need to make the fundraiser a success and cheer you on every step of the way!